Artisans Occasional Table Collection
About this Collection
Inspired by the rugged solid wood roads that America traveled, Artisans is a tribute to the sturdy resolve that is our heritage. Every solid wood board presents its own personality while playing a part in the broader story. Avoiding unnecessary embellishments, the beauty of the furniture's construction is enough.
The collection features a casual, organic style that blends modern and vintage design influences with the natural character of solid wood furniture.
What to Expect: The Kincaid Difference
It's been said that "things aren't made the way they used to be," but at Kincaid, that's not exactly true. While several enhancements have been made since our beginnings in 1946, we still use solid wood construction, english dovetails, and hand rubbed finishes to craft our wood furniture. And the same can be said for our upholstery. Over the past 30 years, Kincaid's upholstery operations in western North Carolina have built quality, bench made upholstery one piece at a time. And like Kincaid's solid wood furniture, the upholstery has also benefited from a number of enhancements that continue to add value for the customer.
Solid Wood Construction
Genuine solid wood is used on all exterior panels and shaped edges to provide quality and beauty that will last for generations. Kincaid does not use veneers, which often crack and peel over time. Edges are typically "banded" with a strip of solid wood to simulate solid wood construction, but below the veneer is particleboard. In certain instances Kincaid Furniture may use other construction methods to offer the most useful, practical, and/or the safest function to consumers.
- Nearly all of the Kincaid wood collections feature our premium soft-close drawer glides. The Kincaid soft-close glide features adjustable drawer positioning as well as an adjustable tensioning feature for an exquisite motion and a long life.
- Select Kincaid collections use wood-on-wood non-tilting, dovetailed drawer guide is used in the installation of all Kincaid drawers.
- Where the design allows, heavy front posts are used for additional case stability and strength.
- Raised panel doors and bed panels utilize a floating, self-centering construction technique.
- All Kincaid solid wood chairs are crafted using a glue and screw technique across a finger-jointed corner, adding strength to the chair while minimizing flex across the joint.
Solid Wood Edges
- Shaped edges are constructed of solid wood, unlike many manufacturers who use banded veneers, to provide premium quality and durability.
Mortise and Tenon Joints
- Kincaid's case construction features mortise and tenon joinery, a time-proven method of assembling two parts at a 90° angle.
- Fully floating tops, end panels, bed panels, etc. are incorporated into every Kincaid product to allow for normal expansion and contraction of the solid wood components as the humidity changes in your home.
- Kincaid's dovetail drawer construction utilizes the best dovetail for each application. Where construction allows, English dovetails on the drawer front and back create a tight fit and add exceptional holding power.
- Adjustable glides are provided on all units for leveling doors and on select units for a center support.
Artisans Round Cocktail Table
The round version of the Artisan's coffee table has a casual, organic style that fits well with most family room seating configurations. It gets its inspiration from the rugged industrial era of America and maintains that character throughout with its solid wood construction. Removable casters are an added feature to make life a little more convenient.
- Height: 19
- Width: 42
- Length: 42
Artisans Drawer End Table
Like selecting the right jewelry for the clothes, a side table can make the difference between a beautiful living room and a design mess. Fortunately, there are some styles that are more forgiving when it comes to correlating living room occasional tables with the sofa and fabrics. Plank Road offers such flexibility. Thanks to the natural character of solid wood and the relatively clean lines, the Artisan's tables allow for a little more creative license that can keep you from making a design error.
- Height: 25
- Width: 24
- Length: 26
Artisans Chairside Table
Whether the need is a matter of function or one of style, some spaces need a right-sized piece of furniture. A chairside table is often just what is called for. These tables are enough to help visually anchor a stand alone chair while offering a surface that can accommodate the basics. The Artisan's chairside table in Plank Road also has the ability to add a subtle sense of character to the room. It mixes solid wood with metal for a unique personality.
- Height: 25
- Width: 16
- Length: 28
Artisans Round End Table
Plank Road's Artisans round end table in adds casual style to the room by mixing solid wood with rustic metal for a unique character. The size keeps it from being overpowering and makes it flexible to use beside of a variety of seating configurations.
- Height: 24
- Width: 22
- Length: 22
Artisans Console Table
Solid wood with touches of rustic metal make the Hall Console an excellent piece for use in entry areas, hallways, and behind the sofa in an open concept living space. It is made with solid New Zealand Pine and treated to a hand-rubbed finish.
- Height: 30
- Width: 56
- Length: 16